Passive Soil Gas Surveys
Quickly identify source areas and delineate the lateral extent of contamination, including migration
pathways or indoor air intrusion pathways. Reduce data gaps and optimize remediation systems.
QA / QC procedures unequalled
Beacon Environmental maintains the highest QA/QC procedures for analyzing soil gas samples.
Standard procedures are:
- Analysis by thermal desorption-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (TD-GC/MS) following EPA Method 8260B
- Analytical results based on 5-point initial calibration. Daily continuing calibration checks
- Internal standards and surrogates included with each analysis
- System daily tunes, method blanks
- Duplicate field samples and trip blanks
Full Technical Support Provided
- Evaluate whether a passive soil gas survey will meet your objectives, then design an effective sampling and QA plan
- Supply a BESURE Sample Collection Kit™
- Field installation assistance and hire of installation equipment on request
- Deliver comprehensive results in 10 days
- Generate colour isopleth maps for selected contaminants.
- Guidance on interpretation of results
Where VOCs and SVOCs are contaminants of concern, Beacon Environmental´s versatile sampling technology has been used on a wide variety of sites to meet many objectives, including the following applications:
PSG surveys provide a checklist of VOCs and SVOCs present.
|Commercial Property Transfers
PSG surveys are used by purchasers, sellers, banks and insurance companies to collect data rapidly – providing the information necessary to make informed decisions rapidly.
|Remediation Design and Long Term Monitoring
PSG surveys position where monitoring wells should be installed, guide the remediation program, and can provide a cost effective method of long-term monitoring.
|Pipelines and USTs/Petroleum Contamination
PSG surveys provide evidence on the types of petroleum contamination present (petrol, diesel, jet fuel, etc.) and are used to locate these releases from pipelines and USTs.
|Defence / Energy sites
PSG surveys are used to identify historic releases of a broad range of contamination, including solvents, fuels, chemical warfare agents (CWAs), CWA breakdown products, and nitroaromatics.
PSG surveys identify vapour intrusion pathways through soil and concrete flooring with a proven level of ppt sensitivity.
PSG samples are deployed rapidly with little or no impact on ongoing operations, are easy to install both indoors and outdoors, and are highly useful in determining PRPs.
|Dry Cleaners/Solvent Contamination
PSG surveys are routinely used to target PCE, TCE, and other solvents without interruption to ongoing business operations.
|Site Characterization and Site Assessment
Passive soil gas (PSG) surveys are used to identify source areas and track groundwater plumes of known or suspected contamination and are also used as an initial site screen where little or no previous data have been collected. PSG surveys provide an abundant amount of data to develop an accurate conceptual site model the first time.
|1||What our clients are saying about us!|
|2||Comparison to other PSG providers|
|3||Dry Cleaner Case Study|
|4||Gas Plant Case Study|
|5||Chlorinated Solvent Plume Case Study|
|6||Chlorinated Solvent Source Area Case Study|
|7||Standards Manual for Passive Soil Gas Sampling|
|9||Mercury Investigation using Passive Soil Gas Sampling|